The combination of being hungry and it being cold outside is one of the worst feelings we may experience. Like everyone else, you enjoy a delicious turkey sandwich, but you’re in the mood for something warm and cozy. Check out one of these Best Food For Cold Weather to add some fresh flavors to your meal routine. Use this guide as your go-to resource for warm winter dinners.
Top 5 Best Food For Cold Weather You Will Love It
1. Polenta Bake With Shrimp
This adult comfort cuisine is prepared in a single skillet and has a Southern flavor. This dish is easy to prepare on a weeknight and will be appreciated by the entire family. The polenta is generously creamed with parmesan cheese and whole milk ricotta, and the tail-on shrimp are generously spiced with butter and paprika. The shrimp and cherry tomatoes are grilled before being placed in the skillet to get a rich brown. Just before serving, onions are sprinkled over the dish to add a colorful crunch. Get the skillet ready to enjoy this Best Food For Cold Weather.
- The Whole Milk(2 Cups), 1 cup polenta, water, a little bit of pepper, 3 ounces of grated Parmesan cheese (about 3/4 cup), 1 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons sliced scallions, one more cup halved cherry tomatoes, and last but not least, 1 pound peeled and deveined large raw shrimp.
With 2 simple steps, you can cook it by yourself at home:
- Step 1: Place the oven rack 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the broiler. A 12-inch oven-safe nonstick skillet with a simmering surface for the milk and water is needed. Reduce heat to medium; stir in the polenta, and simmer for about 15 minutes, periodically whisking, until thick and creamy. Add 3 tablespoons of the melted butter, the Parmesan, the pepper, and the salt after stirring.
- Toss the shrimp with the remaining butter, salt, tomatoes, and paprika. Over the polenta, spread it evenly. For 3 to 4 minutes, or until the shrimp are fully cooked and starting to color, broil. Add the scallions on top.
2. Classic Chicken and Dumplings
Whole chicken thighs with the skin on them are the foundation of this recipe’s charm. They are browned in the pot, then the soup’s homemade chicken stock is prepared by simmering them with water and flavorings. The chicken is shredded and some flour is added to the liquid to thicken it. Other recipes that use store-bought stock and shredded rotisserie chicken don’t produce the same rich flavor as this one does. The dumplings have just a few ingredients and are cooked for around 15 minutes after being thrown into the soup by the spoonful. The best fresh garnish for this heavy dinner is parsley.
It stands to reason that this dish is one of our all-time favorites: it’s a fresh take on the hearty comfort food chicken and dumplings. For complete directions on how to prepare chicken and dumplings that are so delicious, your family would think that a professional chef prepared the meal, keep reading.
- Step 1: Over medium-high heat, warm the oil in a sizable pot or Dutch oven. Add 12 teaspoons each of salt and pepper to the chicken. 4 to 6 minutes per side, in batches, for frying. Reserve the pot and transfer it to a platter.
- Step 2 Stirring occasionally, saute the veggies in the chicken drippings for 5 to 7 minutes until they start to soften. Add the celery, carrots, onions, thyme, and garlic at this point. Add 10 cups of water, the chicken, and the bay leaves. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked, after bringing to a simmer. After removing the bay leaves, move the chicken to a plate and let it to cool. With two forks, shred the chicken, then add it back to the pot (discarding the skin and bones).
- Step 3: In a small bowl, combine 2 cups of cooking liquid, 12 cups of flour, and 1/4 teaspoons of salt and pepper. Reintroduce the flour mixture slowly while simmering for 8 to 10 minutes, or until it begins to gradually thicken.
- Create the dumplings in Step 4: In a larger bowl, combine the remaining 2 cups of flour, baking powder, baking soda, and 14 tsp of each salt and pepper. Buttermilk, parsley, and butter are all whisked in. Turn the heat down to low and add 8 generous spoonfuls of the mixture to the broth. Covered, simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until the dumplings are firm. Sprinkle some parsley over the chicken and dumplings before serving.
3. Beef and Guinness Stew- One of the Best Food For Cold Weather You Will Love It
Bacon, stewing meat, Guinness Stout, and vegetables make this beef and Guinness stew incredibly simple to prepare. It is the ideal stew to prepare on a chilly day. Or prepare it in advance of your St. Patrick’s Day gathering. This robust beef stew is enhanced by the rich flavor of Guinness Stout. For this dish, use lean or ground chuck.
Serve the stew with a tossed salad, a cup of stout, and some crusty buns or biscuits. Alternately, combine it with this traditional Irish soda bread. Prepare it during the weekend in anticipation of a busy Monday. The dish yields around six hearty servings.
You only need more than 2 hours to finish this Best Food For Cold Weather, let’s explore the recipes with us:
- After preparing every ingredient, put it into a sizable Dutch oven or saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp.
- Combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a food storage bag. Add the meat cubes and stir to thoroughly coat.
- The steak and onions should be added to the bacon and cooked, stirring regularly, until browned.
- Cook the garlic for an additional minute while stirring. Next, add the broth, stout, and carrots.
- Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste should be combined.
- Bring to a boil after adding the bay leaf.
- When the meat is extremely soft, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Bring the meat mixture to a boil before adding the herbs and potatoes.
- Potatoes should be soft after another 30 minutes of simmering undercover with reduced heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and then stir in the parsley. Cook for a further five minutes.
4. Classic Meatloaf – An ideal choice for Best Food For Cold Weather
This easy meatloaf dish is suitable for not only a midweek meal or Sunday dinner, but also it is the Best Food For Cold Weather. Serve the meatloaf with homemade mashed potatoes, peas, carrots, or your preferred steamed or roasted veggies for a delicious supper. Additionally, meatloaf goes nicely with macaroni & cheese, rice pilaf, or scalloped potatoes.
This meatloaf’s great flavor comes from its simplicity, and you probably already have the majority of the ingredients on hand. Additionally, there is no need to chop or pre-cook the ingredients. Mix everything together in a basin, form the bread, and bake!
The meatloaf is also adaptable. You are welcome to vary the flavor by using a different seasoning or spice blend, or you may add some fresh sautéed vegetables. You are welcome to top the loaf with simple ketchup, barbecue sauce, or—if you’re feeling very daring—your own homemade topping. Instead of ketchup, you might substitute chili sauce or cocktail sauce for a meatloaf that has more flavor.
- 350°F oven temperature. Nonstick cooking sprays a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan, then set it aside.
- When using the optional topping, stir the ketchup, mustard, honey or maple syrup, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Refrigerate the bowl with a cover.
- The ground beef, eggs, milk, breadcrumbs, onion, burger spice, and 1/2 cup of ketchup should all be combined in a big bowl.
- Put into the preheated loaf pan after thoroughly blending. The meatloaf should be baked on a baking sheet for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Drain out any extra fat with care.
- Add the additional topping mixture or roughly 4 tablespoons of ketchup to the loaf’s top. Add another 10 to 15 minutes of baking.
- After removing from the oven, cover with aluminum foil and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes. And you finish this Best Food For Cold Weather.
5. Skillet Spinach Lasagna
This skillet lasagna is a new variation of the traditional comfort food casserole that will impress guests and family. Each bite is bursting with flavor thanks to the layers of handmade tomato sauce, lasagna noodles, ricotta, and spinach. While finishing it under the broiler enables the cheese to bubble and brown, starting the cooking process in the skillet guarantees the outer edges acquire maximum crispiness. Serve the dish with a green salad and chunks of crusty baguette instead of chopping it into squares. Sautéed eggplant or mushrooms can be used in place of the sausage in the sauce for a vegetarian variation.
Let’s check our directions to cook this wonderful dish, one of the Best Food For Cold Weather
- The first step: In a 12-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat, sauté the sausage, tossing frequently, until thoroughly heated through and browned, about 8 minutes. heat to a medium setting. Cook the sauce, stirring periodically, for about 4 minutes after adding the tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. A medium bowl should be used to combine the ricotta, egg, 1 cup of mozzarella, and the remaining salt.
- Secondly, turn off the heat and pour 3 cups of the sauce into a bowl. Place the oven rack 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the broiler. Over the sauce in the skillet, arrange a layer of lasagna noodles, breaking them as necessary to fit. Add 3/4 cups of the ricotta mixture, 1 cup of the leftover sauce, and 3 cups of spinach to the top. With the remaining noodles, sauce, ricotta mixture, and spinach repeat the layers twice, skipping the top layer of spinach.
- The last step of cooking this Best Food For Cold Weather is that bring the skillet back to medium-low heat, cover it, and cook for 20 minutes, or until the noodles are cooked and the sauce is bubbling. Add the remaining cup of spinach on top, cover, and cook for a minute or so, or until the spinach wilts. Remove the cover and add the final cup of mozzarella on top. For 4 to 5 minutes, or until the cheese starts to brown, broil. Basil should be sprinkled.